Yakima Produce Industry Town Hall Luncheon
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Yakima Chamber of Commerce
10 North 9th Street [map]
Yakima, WA 98901
Join John DeVaney, Yakima Valley Growers-Shippers Association, and Chris Schlect, Northwest Horticultural Council, along with Robert Guenther, Senior Vice President, Public Policy and Dan Vaché, Vice President, Supply Chain Management of United Fresh Produce Association to meet with local produce industry leaders, learn more about how you can make a Fresh Impact
on the issues currently facing the produce industry and find solutions for your business:
• Food Safety
– How will new regulations impact your company and bottom line?
– Will E-Verify make it through the Congress and what does that mean for agriculture guest-worker programs?
– Learn how new rules can help you expand your business opportunities.
• Farm Bill
– How does industry build on success from last 2008 law?
• 2012 Elections
– Handicapping the congressional and presidential elections and what does that mean for the produce industry
- Industry update and what to expect in 2012.
• North American Produce Transportation Best Practices
- Help to ensure the produce industry continues to have sufficient access to carriers to meet the needs of the industry.
• Education and Networking Opportunities
- Learn about the United 2012 convention and exposition in Dallas, TX.
The luncheon will begin at 12:00 noon and end at 1:30 p.m.
This event is complimentary, lunch will be provided.
Is Media Allowed?
For more information please contact:
Miriam Miller Wolk
Vice President, Membership & Marketing
United Fresh Produce Association
Phone: (202) 303-3410
Fax: (202) 303-3433